An auger based immersion chilling process for vacuum packed beef products developed by AgResearch MIRINZ Centre research meat scientists and process engineers. This immersion chilling system is also suitable for other vacuum packed food , and also unpackaged poultry. The immersion chiller offers major advantages over traditional air blast cooling processes.
- Combines world leading meat science with smart engineering design todeliver a practical chilling solution for hot or cold boning operations.
- Improved control of temperature Vs time conditions leading to more consistent product tenderness.
- Reduced drip loss during vacuum packed product storage.
- Extended vacuum packed storage life, and improved retail display life.
- Significantly reduced energy usage and potential for reduced labour costs.
- Reduced capital cost for well utilised, medium to large sized processing plants.
- 1-2 day reduction in product inventory.
- Standard Equipment: auger chiller and associated drives and pumps.
- Throughput: up to 5 tonnes per hour.
- Material: 316 stainless steel.
- Chilling Fluid: brine.
- Chiller: meat exit temperature typically <+1deg. C.
- Diameters: 1.0m, 1.2m, 1.8m, 2.6m.
- Length: varied to suit application.
- Services: 440V, 3 phase AC power.
- Optional: brine heat exchanger, storage and mixing systems.
- Optional: refrigeration unit.